Terms and Conditions
Symmetry encourages its distributors to utilize the World Wide Web to grow their businesses; however, utmost discretion must be used when designing and operating personal Preferred Customer websites. It is the responsibility of the Preferred Customer to inform Symmetry Headquarters in writing of their own personal website address before it becomes operational.
As the governing body of all Symmetry business, Symmetry has the right to review every Preferred Customer website to make sure that the website abides by the regulations and by-laws of Symmetry.
All Preferred Customers must abide by the following website rules and regulations; any violations may result in harsh civil and criminal penalties.
- Elements of Symmetry-owned websites, including design, layout, and various components, such as logos, graphics, sounds and /images are Copyrighted material and protected by law. Any duplication, redistribution or imitation in part or in whole is strictly prohibited without the expressed written permission of Symmetry.
- Permission to use Symmetry documents, such as press releases, fliers, comparison charts, etc., found on the Symmetry website server is granted, provided that (1) the following statement clearly appears – I am an Independent Preferred Customer for Symmetry, (2) use of these documents is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be posted, copied or broadcast in whole or in part on any network computer or other media, and (3) no modifications of any documents are made.
- This permission extends to the use of logos and photography of Symmetry products.
- Permission does NOT extend to the design or layout of any Symmetry owned or controlled site, nor to any testimonials or ANY non-product photography (including that of Preferred Customers).
- Use of Symmetry’s copyrighted material for any purpose other than the specified uses is strictly prohibited by law.
- Preferred Customer websites must clearly state that they represent Independent Preferred Customers of Symmetry products.
- All of the rules and regulations regarding product and income claims also apply to websites.
- Under no circumstances may an individual Preferred Customer website be linked to Symmetry’s corporate website. The single exception would be when a Preferred Customer’s home page is created with the assistance of Symmetry via the Preferred Customer home page development program to be launched in the near future.
- In no event will Symmetry or its respective suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of profits in connection with the use or performance of products, documents and other tools, including information or lack of information available from Symmetry ‘s website.
- Symmetry has the right to request that a Preferred Customer shut down his / her Web site if these rules are not followed; failure to do so may result in immediate termination of that Preferred Customer.
- Other rules may apply to individual situations.
SPECIAL WEB SITE ALERT
This is a special alert to all Preferred Customers regarding websites. We want to thank those of you who have taken the initiative to launch your own website. However, due to federal regulations, all Preferred Customers promoting Symmetry on their own websites must register their sites with Symmetry Direct International.
Regulators are moving in the direction of holding both the individual Preferred Customers and the corporation responsible for the content of Preferred Customer sites. Your cooperation is mandatory in our effort to comply with federal regulations. We must all work together to protect this wonderful opportunity.
It is imperative that all existing Preferred Customer websites be registered with Symmetry. If you are planning to launch a site, it must be registered before it launches. Please complete the following two steps in order to register your site.
1. Review Content:
Before registering your site, please eliminate any and all health claims stating that Symmetry’s products are intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition. When reviewing the content of your website, ask yourself the following questions: does this sentence in any way imply that the product A) treats a disease, B) prevents a disease, C) cures a disease, or D) attempts to diagnose a disease? If the answer is YES to ANY of those questions, it’s a drug claim and the copy MUST BE REMOVED! Your website content focus should be on promoting health, maintaining health and/or optimizing one’s physical condition. If you have any questions regarding appropriate content, please contact Symmetry at 1-800-SYMMETR(Y).
2. Contact Symmetry to Register Your Site
To register your existing site, or pre-register a pending site, please provide your website address to:
Please allow us 2-3 weeks to review your site and contact you with any concerns.
After registering your website, please be aware that Symmetry will be reviewing all websites periodically and editing for health claims. As always, we expect our Preferred Customers to use professionalism when promoting Symmetry. All literature and websites should be free of all exaggerated claims as well as any type of profanity or vulgarity including text, photos, and so forth. We appreciate your prompt cooperation in this matter.
SYMMETRY CORPORATE LOGO USAGE STANDARDS
Symmetry permits its Preferred Customers to use the Symmetry logo in their promotional efforts. Uses include, but are not limited to, business cards and stationery, print advertisements, promotional flyers, websites and signage.
In order to maintain the integrity of the Symmetry logo, and protect the corporate trademark, the following usage standards must be applied whenever the logo is used:
- The logo should be printed in the “Symmetry Direct green”, which is identified in the Pantone Color Match System as PMS 341.
- If it is not possible to use PMS 341, or if the background is dark, the logo should be reversed to white. The logo can also be printed in black when printing in black and white, or if white is not an option for other reasons.
- Do not screen the logo, or outline it. Do not distort the logo in any way.
- Do not frame logo.
- Do not enlarge logo art beyond reasonable size, as it will have a jagged edge. (If you want to use it very large, contact the Symmetry Marketing & Communications Department to discuss this.)
- No other element should touch the logo, or go in front of or behind it.
- It is not necessary to use the word “Corporation” with the Symmetry “wave” logo.
To obtain camera-ready logo artwork for reproduction purposes, you can order Symmetry Direct Logo Slicks (Item #S305).
Please contact the Symmetry Marketing & Communications department at 408-942-7700 if you have any questions or need additional help.
Symmetry actively encourages our Preferred Customers to develop marketing strategies using the Internet. The Internet is a powerful marketing tool, especially in the field of direct sales, and Symmetry is committed to the idea of e-commerce. Through our sym-e-site program, Symmetry offers Preferred Customers an effective and affordable means of creating a genuine e-commerce business.
There are many fantastic ways to use the Internet as a marketing tool. However, there is one Internet marketing practice which Symmetry does not allow our Preferred Customers to use: “spamming”.
What is “Spamming”?
Spamming is the sending of unsolicited email to persons with whom the sender has no previous relationship.
For example, sending a large number of identical (and generally not personally addressed) messages to a list of email addresses purchased or obtained from any source, for the purpose of introducing a product, or a business opportunity. This email is known as “spam”. In general, the recipient does not like receiving spam. It is not like getting a catalog in the mail… for one reason or another, spam mail irritates people far more, and reflects negatively on the sender. Also, it is rarely read, especially by the more sophisticated email user, who can quickly differentiate spam from an email message they might want to get.
Symmetry, as a matter of policy, does not allow our Preferred Customers to use “spamming” as a marketing technique.
This policy is consistent with the policies of the Direct Selling Association. In fact, with the overwhelming passage of The Unsolicited Commercial Electronic Mail Act of 2000 in the House of Representatives, it is likely that the practice of “spamming” will become illegal in the near future. Among other provisions, this law would give Internet Service Providers the ability to issue significant fines against users caught “spamming” (up to $500 per message, with a limit of $50,000). Of course, should this law be enacted we would have to comply and impose those fines on the Preferred Customer who was actually doing the “spamming”.
Additionally, Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) in general, and Symmetry’s ISP in specific, have clear policies prohibiting both the sending of “spam” email messages, and the collection of the responses to such email, even if sent from another ISP. Symmetry Preferred Customers who might send “spam” referencing the address of their sym-e-site or the Symmetry corporate website, would be in violation of this policy. Such violations could result in the closing of the Preferred Customer’s ISP account, and even the closing of Symmetry’s ISP account.
Therefore, Symmetry prohibits our Preferred Customers from “spamming”. Any Symmetry Preferred Customer found to be in violation is subject to disciplinary action, which could include the revocation of their sym-e-site and/or the termination of their Preferred Customer membership.
There are a lot of creative ways to use the Internet as a marketing tool. Try surfing the web for a while and see what others are doing. The Internet is a wonderful new vehicle for all of us and it is creating a whole new market. We just have to learn to use it effectively and within generally accepted good business practices.